24 februari 2007

Desperate in Berlin

I'm bad when it comes to keeping my blog updated...

Last weekend Erik and I went by train to Berlin to visit our vriend Pino there. We arrived in Berlin on Thursday evening and where spoiled by a great home made dinner by Pino. We had "torteloni ripieno di salmone" and after that Pino surprised us with chickenbreast in lemon and honey sauce.

After dinner I unwraped the presents that Pino had for me for my birthday. Amongst other things Pino got us tickets for a movie of the Berlinale program. GREAT! We ended the evening with two episodes of the third series of Desperate Housewives. I love that show and the third series has not even been aired here in The Netherlands.

Friday we did some serious sightseeing: Unter den Linden, glass dome of the Reichstag, Holocaust Museum. We also had the chance to do some tourist shopping: we bought a t-shirt for Enea (Erik's nephew), some pins and an Ampelmann t-shirt for me.

Later we got some prosecco and went to Desiree and her family. Desiree is a collegue of Pino. She had cooked an other very nice Italian meal for us. All of us ended in a neighbourhood bar near Desiree's house.

On Saturday I went to see the Käthe Kollwitz Museum (great, mainly graphic work) while Pino and Erik strolled through the Tiergarten to the Potsdammer Platz.


Later we met at a cinema at the Alexanderplatz to watch our Berlinale movie: Away From Her. It was a Canadian movie about an older couple. She suffers of Alzheimer desease. He takes care of her until she has to go to a nursing home. That's when the trouble starts ...

After the movie we bought tons of chocolate at the Galleria Kaufhof and hat dinner at a nice pizzeria at the Prenzlauer Berg. While the pizza was digesting we had a drink at the Prinzknecht Bar. But the gays were in the mood for carneval and we were not, so we changed locations and went to Pino's house to watch two more episodes of Desperate Housewives.

On Sunday at noon we had to board our train back to Holland and 6 hours later I entered the front door of my house.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pino said...

Bärlin is waiting again for you ;)

16:06  

Een reactie posten

<< Home