30 januari 2008

IFFR info

A friend asked me about some background information on the International Film Festival Rotterdam. The festival is the biggest single event in The Netherlands. The films in the program are mainly new films that were made in 2007 or even in 2008. The program consists of several hundred films. It is impossible to see them all. My highest score once was 60 long films (I don't count the shorts).
Some of the films have a Dutch distributor when they are screened here. They usually come in roulation right after the festival. Others don't have a distributor yet and other won't find one either. Documentaries usually belong to the last category, that's why I like to choose them here at the IFFR.

2 Comments:

Blogger CruisAir said...

Thanks Jörg for making this clear. I wasn't quite sure how such a festival works.

02:03  
Blogger Jörg said...

You are welcome!

12:29  

Een reactie posten

<< Home