31 januari 2008

A queen's birthday

Last night after my last movie I tried to find my friends Elly and Jaap, who so generously let me stay in their house during the IFFR year after year. Thank you so much guys!!! While I was searching them, I ran into Bauke and Eric-Jan (two guys I know through Elly, though Bauke seemed to be a former colleage of me from Delta/Bouman). They told me that my friends were both sick at home (eaten something wrong). I had to sit with them for some beers. While we were sitting under a poster of the movie Men's Group we were having our own men's group session. Eric-Jan was talking very openly about his relationship with his wife, Bauke talked about his deceased partner John. They wanted to know about the end of my relationship with Erik. We discussed the differences between gay and straight men. We talked about sex, attraction, falling in (and out) of love, love itself, bringing sacrifices in your relationship, the meaning of friendship, fidelity and much more.
When I finally came home Elly was still waiting for me to congratulate me with my birthday and give me a present. How sweet I'd that? Too bad that we didn't have time for the champagne, but we'll do that tonight.
This morning started out stormy. I wonder how I will be able to bike to my first movie without being blown from the bridge. It was nice to find a lot of messages on my phone (e-mail, SMS and voice mails).
Thank you guys!!!