01 juni 2008

You are the sunshine of my life...

My very first aim was the Saguaro NP near Tucson. After visiting the park I took the very first motel of my favorite chain (Motel 6). I sent James an e-mail telling him that I was staying in a motel 6 in Tucson for the night. I was very surprised when the telephone rang an hour later. James told me he had called all the Motel 6 in Tucson and told me that I was not in Tucson but in Marana. That's why he could not find me at first. Thanks to very helpful employees of Motel 6 in Tucson he was able to locate me. Of course I hadn't expect hem to call me and when I told him, he told me that he even had planned to come down to Tucson for the night. 

From that day on I kept James updated on where I was spending my nights and he would call me every 

night and every morning (even with a time difference of 2 hours in Texas). How sweet is that?

Nine days (and 3655 miles) later I was back in Phoenix. I was a little early at James' house. He wasn't home yet. While I was cleaning out my rental car and got everything organized I heard a car with squeaking wheels turning into the street. It sped up and seconds later after driving at least 65 mls/h (in a residential neighborhood) it stopped right next to me. In the car with a big smile: James. 

It goes without saying that we spent the rest of my time in Phoenix together. He even brought me to the Sky Harbor and waited together with me till it was time for me to go through security. 

1 Comments:

Blogger CruisAir said...

Really sweet Jörg, really sweet! When I read your stories about America I really get the desire to go back and visit it again! It's such a great country.

I think it was really beautiful that James would call you day and night and kept a watching eye while you were on the road. He seems to be a very special man, it would be great to one day meet him! ;-)

22:29  

Een reactie posten

<< Home