10 december 2007

Hispeed (formerly known as NS International) sucks!

"Hispeed" is the new name of NS International (since December 9th). The name sounds promising quick but the service SUCKS!!! Every time you click to change a day or a time it costs the system an eternity to check the availability and the prices. Or are the trains Highspeed? You hardly can say that. The HSL in NL still isn't in use and it still takes 3 hours from Amsterdam to Brussels while you can travel from Brussels to Paris in a little more then an hour. So high speed what? Highspeed my ASS!!!
I tried to book two return tickets to and from Paris yesterday and though the system gave me, after a lot of time slurping clicks, a good price. But when I wanted to buy the promised tickets it would say that the tickets weren't available. I should try other departure times (whole procedure again, and again, and again, ...) or call them on 0900-9296 (35 ct p.m.). Yesterday they weren't available under that number, at least not when I was calling, though they didn't give any operating hours on the internet. So I called again this morning. After a lot of waiting to get a real person on the phone and a lot of talking with her for 35 ct per minute, I found out that the girl at the call center did exactly the same, I could do on my computer. She was checking the availability of the rates in the same random way, I did yesterday. No surprise, that the result was the same: NO TICKETS. Before I could hang up she advised me to use the first class offers, their availability was better.
So that's what I did and now Aldo and me both have first class seats on the Thalys when we are visiting each other. LOL.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pino said...

The name is Hispeed, isn't it? ;)
Anyway, try to book on www.thalys.com, it might work better...

09:44  
Blogger Pino said...

Ok, forget it, the system on www.thalys.com redirects to hispeed.nl :D

09:48  
Blogger Jörg said...

Ha, Pino you are right it is Hispeed and not Highspeed, as I thought it would be... That's the whole point. It is "Hi" as in "Hello", meaning "we would welcome high speed".
I'll change the headline.

13:57  

Een reactie posten

<< Home