04 januari 2008

Paris 1

Did you know you CAN actually use Word mobile on a Thalys train? The shock absorbers on this train really do allow me to hit my 5x5 mm buttons on my cellphone.

I'm on my way to Paris and must say that the 1st class service is formidable. The waiter (Abdel) is cute and gave me besides lots of drinks and snacks a big eye. Like in a plane they serve free food and (even alcoholic) beverages. Actually the food is even much better then on a plane.

After the hassle of the reservation I must admit that I like to travel with high speed.

Oh by the way, once the train reaches his normal cruising speed of 300 km/h (nearly 200 m/h) between Brussels and Paris, it's a bit more difficult to hit the right buttons on the keyboard.

I just walked from Gare du Nord to the hotel. The hotel is cheap and bad, but for sleeping it'll be all right.