15 juni 2008

James in The Netherlands

Last week I had absolutely no time to write something for my blog, because my mission was to spend as much time together with my lover James as possible.
James came here with some unexpected delay on Saturday afternoon. Before I got him from the Schiphol, I had coffee with my friend Guido who is working on the airport. Nice to catch up with him and a good opportunity to calm down my nerves (not necessary of course since everything went just fine after James had found his luggage).
James and I went home to Zwolle and I got him to sleep some hours. After dinner we had a beer in the center of Zwolle and we went dancing at the COC.
Sunday (it was sun all over) we took the route over the dike to Enkhuizen and the Zaanse Schans. In Enkhuizen we tasted the new herring and at the Zaanse Schans we took pictures of the windmills and lay a long time chatting on a deck at the waterfront. We finally made it to the Zeedijk in Amsterdam. It was a Sunday that should have a bear meeting at the Barderij, but it was not very busy. So after some drinks we decided to have a look at the city. While strolling through the old center we ran into Erik who had a drink on a terrace together with our friend Krijn. I was so startled by the unexpected encounter that I could only wave my hand (if I even did that). The funny thing was that James had seen him long before I saw Erik. He didn't say anything because he had only seen one or two pictures of him and thought he couldn't recognize him from that.
Monday we still had wonderful weather and James and I went shopping and swimming.
Tuesday and Thursday were big days since James had two job interviews. Both went surprisingly (for both of us) well. Since one of the interviews was in Amersfoort we took advantage of the that and went to see Utrecht. After that we drove to Deventer and had dinner with Leo at a Turkish restaurant.
Thursday evening we saw the cathedral of Cologne and Friday we visited the town where I was born in Germany.
Saturday (yesterday) we discussed our future plans and cooked a farewell dinner. While today was a sad day. We had to part again. I took James to the airport, went to Amsterdam, but I didn't like walking there all alone. So I went home and was back early to track James' flight back to the US.

2 Comments:

Blogger CruisAir said...

Wow, what an eventful week for you Jörg! Most of all I am happy for you since it all sounds very good and promising! You even went to Cologne, wow, James now really saw all the important sights :-P
I keep my fingers crossed for you and James what concerns the job, I hope you'll hear good news sooner than you think!
I already had a brief look on your recent flickr photos and liked them very much. I will comment on them later.
I hope you'll see each other again very soon.
Talk to you later Jörg, a big hug to you,

Guido

11:46  
Blogger Jörg said...

Hi Guido,
this is very sweet of you. Such a nice reaction to my entry. I guess you are right: James saw Cologne and with that all the important sights of Europe, LOL.
As you can read in my next blog entry the job search is shaping up quite well too. Isn't it amazing how he does that: having two job interviews (while on both facilities was no vacancy), and making such an impression in both interviews that they both want to hire him for the job? I wish I were that good.

12:04  

Een reactie posten

<< Home