20 januari 2008

37th IFFR

It's the time of the year again. Others go and celebrate Carnival, but for me it's time to go to Rotterdam to attend the International Film Festival (IFFR). This weekend I was very busy to make my own personal program for the festival. As usually I found it difficult to start with, but in the end I'm very happy and satisfied when I managed the problem again.
This year my program isn't as "dense" as it used to be in former years. I will start later (on Sunday the 27th January instead of the 23rd), and I skipped all the movies that seem "doubtful" after reading their synopsis. The result is that I have some "holes" in my program, but I will fill them with shopping and coffee, LOL.

Here's what I'm going to see:
Avant que j'oublie
Biùtiful cauntri
Dagen zonder lief
Estômago - A Gastronomic Story
Hidden Faces
Import Export
It's Hard to Be Nice
L' ora di punta
La France
Le tueur
Let the Right One in
Magnus
Margot at the Wedding
Meine Mütter - Spurensuche in Riga
Men's Group
Mithya
No Country for Old Men
Out of Coverage
Paranoid Park 
Rail Road Crossing
Recycle
Redacted
Stellet licht 
The King of Ping Pong
The Last Lear
Trumbo

4 Comments:

Blogger CruisAir said...

Wow, what a list Joerg! I hope you will enjoy all the movies and I'm curious to hear some recommendations from you!

19:36  
Blogger Jörg said...

Hi Guido,
The list is for a 6 days, that makes it less impressive I hope. Of course you can count on a report of the movies. In fact I will use the same system as last year: I'll take my blackberry with me and I will past a review of every film I have seen, right after I have seen it. I also think about a system of rating the movies.

01:10  
Blogger CruisAir said...

that sounds interesting Joerg. But still i think the list is impressive. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy the movies because that's what it's all about, isn't of?
groetjes vanuit Brussel :-) Guido

21:38  
Blogger Jörg said...

You are right, it's about the fun (laughter, horror or just something to thing about). By the way a big part of the fun is the dive in other worlds. Nothing else to think about just just go with the flow of a movie...

23:08  

Een reactie posten

<< Home