30 juni 2008

To the moon and back, and all around the stars...

I guess it is impossible to tell anybody how happy I am that James and I met at the right time at the right spot. I think if I were to go three weeks earlier to Phoenix I would not have been ready to open up and even see him standing. I guess back then I was still hoping for a happy end for Erik and me, even though I probably could have known better. I'm not sure if anybody would have been able to open up my heart back then (certainly nobody who lived that far away from me, LOL). At this moment in time I am very happy that all the mist cleared up right in time to see my prince arrive.
James, I love you to the moon and back, and all around the stars.
Right now James and I are taking some giant leaps. This week he should hear about the job proposal from Dordrecht. But since we have our own itinerary as well (that hopefully goes together with the job proposal, but at the same time is somewhat independent from that), we made up our further plans to start our future together.
James bought his one way ticket for The Netherlands. He will arrive on August 19th and I have already made all the necessary appointment with the city and the IND. Only that gives us the security that James will have a Social Security Number (BSN) as soon as he is required to produce it (in case his job starts on September 1st).
My friends Joop, Guido, Harry and Leo give me all the emotional support, while Jos and Yaser in addition offered some practical help. (By the way Guido, do you work on the 19th? James arrives with a LH-flight).
As far as vacation goes for this year. I'm off when James is here for his first two weeks. If possible we will spend Thanksgiving with James' folks and stay a week to explore the gulf coast of Texas. We found some great air fares on the internet, I hope we can use them.