22 januari 2009

black days

Today was a strange day. I should be off because this was my first day at the International Filmfestival in Rotterdam. But because I couldn't get everything done yesterday evening that needed to be done before I could go, had to log in at my work account this morning to get the rest done. So I started out with work. Then I packed my stuff and loaded the car and I drove to Rotterdam. On my way here I thought that I heard something strange. And yes I did: it seemed that the muffler was lose and needs to be replaced. (As I learned from James, the muffler had come of completely by now.) Add that to the rust I saw at one of the windows and you could say that the car is in a bad state, not to mention the costs. And speaking of costs did I write something about my dishwasher yet? No? Well, it seemed to be broken since it was leaking water and it wouldn't stop pumping. Well when the technician came the problem seemed to be over. He saw that there had been a problem and that I didn't make everything up, but he couldn't find the cause. Well it seemed we had caused the problem ourself when we didn't load it right. So the steam exhaust got blocked, pressure was building up in the machine and water was pushed out of it.