28 oktober 2007

Week 2

It's two weeks no that I haven't had any contact with Erik and I must say it seems to get harder and harder. So I am quite depressed about everything. Fortunately I had a 2 day course from work this week for a most welcome distraction. The course was in a hotel in Barchem, a lovely place in the forest of Gelderland, and guess what we even had time to enjoy the forests since some parts of the course took place outside.

Don't worry I will not count the weeks until the day Erik is contacting me. I made a decision and a promise to myself: the separation will not force me to sit in the dark and wait. I will organize my own party and have fun. As a first step I booked a weekend trip to Paris. What's better then the city of lights when the lights outside are getting scarce? Today I received the tickets already. I must say that NS international was quite quick with them.

The next step I will take will be organizing a trip to Rome. Since it is quite a challenge to organize the flight and a hotel I couldn't do it all at once otherwise I would have done it already. I will do it next week.

After train and plane I should go somewhere by car as well... Friends of mine asked me to come to visit them in Luxembourg and I will do that as well, when we find a suitable weekend. Other possibilities are Cologne (always cool), Bremen (I saw a program on TV today about Bremen and I liked it), Münster (I have never been there and it is supposed to be quite nice and it's not so far from here), Essen (I want to see villa Hügel the former residence of the industrial tycoon, Alfred Krupp and his family), Hamburg (I don't know that city and it might be worth a weekend trip) Canary Islands (unbelievable but I haven't been there yet and it should be the place where I should find some winter sun), Madrid (Fran wants to show me around there), SFO (I could visit Matt in San Francisco as long as the dollar is favorable for me). Plans enough I'd say. I don't know what can/will be realized, but an idea is the first step.