12 juli 2008

Nothing but blue skies...

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long

Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

With this song by Irving Berlin, James had me crying this morning. He had recorded the song while he was singing it for me and he sent is by email. Of course I was touched by the fact that never ever had sung a song for me (and he was really good at it believe me) but I was also touched by the choice of the song. In fact I've heard that song quite often in the last few months since it is one of my favorites on The Great American Song Book from Rod Steward (ok, I know, please don't judge me just on that).

2 Comments:

Blogger CruisAir said...

That's simply beautiful Jörg! I can imagine how emotional that was! Though I don't know the song I love the lyrics, especially considering how well chosen they seem to be! James is really one very special and thoughtful man. I am so touched and happy for you both to see your love blossom. The greatest thing is that this is happening around me at the moment, so therefore I feel surrounded by a sea of love.

01:21  
Blogger Jörg said...

Hi Guido, James and I are both very touched by your sweet reaction to the blog. We both think that you put it all in just the nicest words. Thank you very much for your comment, it is most appreciated.

00:56  

Een reactie posten

<< Home